Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Reminiscence Part 2

Just now I browsed a blog where the blogger expressed her happiness for being admitted to Matriculation. I could feel her joy as I myself was overjoyed when I got the same offer albeit from different institution. The feeling is so great and for a few days nothing seemed to bother me and I started to skip classes (I had the opportunity of being a sixth former for two weeks). I even forgot to get my school leaving certificate unlike the 'lady' whose blog I frequently visited. Those were the days and frankly I feel a bit jealous of the blogger. Selfish, huh?

Nonetheless, she will soon get over the feeling after she starts attending classes, tutorials, assignments and 'killer' lecturers. Ahaha....those days we had one particular silent killer who coincidentally is one of my course mate's sister. If you happen to read this, thousands apologies Madam Ahlam. Fortunately, I never been in her class but being in a close knitted faculty, I soon realised that she's got a rival in Madam Ramizah. Again, I was lucky coz she was only a stickler to rules but fair to deserving (law abiding students...like me) ones. Come to class and complete all her assignments and voila! you passed the course. One peculiar professor was Prof Samsar, many claimed that by coming to his houses for makan - makan would guarantee good marks but I never went to his maybe that's why I got C for his subject. Again, those were the days...

My advice to all those soon to be graduates to take the opportunity wisely as it would only come once as age is indeed a barrier. Some of my colleagues wasted their chances (we have three chances at least in terms of resitting exams) and one sad but also mind boggling was a friend of mine who didn't graduate though he was given those chances and last time I heard he is a court interpreter instead of a lawyer. Nonetheless, countless of my former course mates are now established lawyers with their own practices, magistrates, lecturers with 'Dr.' as the beginning of their names and many more inspiring stories.


My own story? Maybe next time or never?


"Everyone has a story to tell"

No comments: