Monday, April 14, 2008

Tired...

I have been feeling tired lately and since two days ago I think I got the flu bug all because I've been struggling to fill up SPSS with the data I collected from my survey. It is really a challenge as I've to wrap up everything by May 31. Can I make the dateline? Sure I can, Insya Allah.
Works do not tire me as much as the longer working hours which most of us are complaining to no avail. But, at least we get it out of our system, right? It is a kind of relief to talk about our dissatisfaction about the system but some especially those who are trying to fish in the troubled water and the power of the day will not tolerate such and they usually view this as grave insubordination worthy of reprimand.
We need to listen and emphatise to others and don't just brush them aside as being 'micro' as one leader used to say. Leaders who can't or unwilling to listen and react appropriately to grudges and complaints will never prosper but not many will try his or her best to accommodate dissenting ideas, many will view such as anti- establishment or the like.
One instance is the move to implement one session school which is done without proper or thorough study just because of one missing girl during the night!The higher ups keep on their bullying stance not only over the teachers but also the children who are suffering as they have to spend almost ten hours to be 'babysitted' by the teachers who are tired themselves.
It is sad indeed when the higher ups keep ramrodding their subordinates just to please their own superiors. Fortunately friends are there to support and console each others with motivating and soothing words of encouragement.

"People of the same rank and status usually are the ones who console each other"

No comments: