Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My Sanity

Just now I send over my first ever draft to my supervisor and since it is impossible for me to don the robe this year...in August then I'll have all the time to rectify any shortcomings in my paper particularly on the analysis part.
Actually I have all the data ready by early April together with SPSS but since I'm not familiar with statistics and maths....both are not my fav in fact hence those survey questions were left untouched gathering dust on the floor of my makeshift office. When I emailed my supervisor he asked me to contact my Co-coordinator instead to help me with my stats and when he replied to me among others he wrote that I have zero knowledge of stats and suggested that I urgently get hold of a basic stat book....
Thinking naively that I did not have the time I started ransacking the net trying to find any simple but resourceful tidbits on stats. I found some but still my problem was far from over, I became more confused until finally I decided to go through based on my shallow understanding and voila I managed to do my so called analysis of the data and but with the highest doubts.
Later when I went through some previous literature I discovered to my delight that all my analysis corresponded well with previous findings. Yet I am still suspicious whether I've used the right tools....haha.
I've never done any educational researches before and when it came to literature review I just do what I am used to do practically I did the part like a law student instead of someone in the educational field. Again I'm surprised that my analysis came out the same as that of previous findings...surprise, surprise.
Anyway, I expect that my draft will receive doctor's treatment and having said that I still feel that I will get upset when my supervisor reply to me back few days later. I suppose that I should do a post grad in law instead of education but Allah knows better and I should by now realised that I'm being tried not by my supervisor but by Him.
Hopefully, despite the disappointing remarks I will still have my sanity intact....

No comments: