Friday, July 24, 2009

Humming the Melody

Its been awhile after my last entry and today I'm feeling melancholic.At work for the past weeks, there is one Dusun oldie hummed by my colleagues. A song by the late John Gaisah, a budding singer who like James Dean met his Creator at the height of his career. His songs today are treasured by many not only among his people but anyone who are into music including yours truly.

Sadly, his death and thus his songs are unfairly linked with drinking sessions. One of my fav is "Miniagal oh Sinsing". I first listened to this great song few years back. I remembered my parents played a karaoke CD containing this particular song. The moment I heard this song I immediately fall in love. A song which is not at all relates to drinking but rather about a father longing for the birth of his first child. He has so many plans for his first and I wonder whether the late Gaisah had the chance to see his first born since he died at relatively young age in early 80's.

Few weeks ago, one politician suggested that he should be awarded for his contribution which I think is very appropriate since his songs today have huge followings from the old to as young as toddlers. Further, as in the song "Miniagal Oh Sinsing", there are a lot which we can learn from. Wisdom which could really guide us to better if not greater life. If the government can bestow a Datuk on a figure who remotely knows Malaysia therefore time is ripe for them to honour one of the land's offsprings. Salute to the late Gaisah!

" Appreciate those who are still with us"

No comments: