Friday, February 8, 2008

Blogging Culture Part IV

Yesterday and a day before I was busy checking my students' blogs which I"ve asked them to do as part of their continuous assessment. Looking through their entries, it was clear that most of them enjoyed blogging as according to them it was their first and different from what they have done before. Giving them the benefit of the doubts, I was quite impressed and happy with their honest remarks.

Al least I'm doing something that is of their interest while at the same time they build up their confidence and along the way learn from their mistakes and ultimately improve their English. i admit that giving such task might be difficult to them as well as time and money consuming but again we'll must see the benefit of such simple but interesting task. I too enjoy blogging and Insya Allah I"ll continue blogging until it's time to quit(when, only Allah knows).

Departing from too much dependency on chalk and talk and examinations are my major purpose of doing such as well as appreciating the students' hidden potential. At least through such task everyone can pass their exam as there are significant marks allocated of such assignment. Well, I do not expect everyone to approve of my approach but at least examination is no longer the main criteria for passing certain subjjects. As educators, we should be more creative in providing venues for our students to excel and improve themselves elsewhere outside the four walls of the class.

"Love to teach but unsatisfied of the current educational scenarios beleaguering teachers"

No comments: