Saturday, October 25, 2008

UMNO: Revisit Your Existence in Sabah

UMNO is a party for the Malays!

UMNO is really for the Malays and I mean the Malay race from the Peninsular and not the Malays according to the Constitution which encapsulates all those who profess Islam and adhere or practise Malay lifestyle. I am comfortable with this and I think UMNO needs to rethink its position here in Sabah since they have fail each and everyone in Sabah.


By failure I mean they only enhance their status and position leaving those they claim to represent. Only those who subscribe to their idelogy. Again I am allright by that as I understand that first and foremost they'll look after their own and secondly those who subscribe or adhere to their way of thinking like our so-called poloticians and leaders here. Issues like citizenship, Immigration and the like which to them are remote thus not deserving their attention and help.


I am a Muslim and I am no different from those in UMNO but sincerely I do subscribe to their thinking and I don't feel like a Malay racially though again I am a Muslim. I do not see myself as a Malay and I always and will always see and feel like I belong to the Dusun people. Oftentimes, when I'm required to state my race I tick the box which states 'lain - lain' rather than Malay though legally I can tick the Malay box since the Constitution says so!


We need to understand that in reality not all Malays are Muslims as we have many who are no longer Muslims since they have converted to other faiths. I am not saying I am against other faiths in fact I respect their decision who are born , live and finally died as a non Muslim rather than a Muslim who along the way become a non Muslim like Lina Joy and Joshua Jamaluddin.


I am thoroughly sadden by the fact that our Muslim leaders in Sabah are not serious about the severity of illegals in Sabah. Maybe because of the power they have. Since they belong to UMNO then they feel duty bound to adhere 100% behind their superiors in K.L. They are insecure about their position and they tend to forget that the Malaysians in Sabah are the ones who elected them to their posts. They forget that the people have the power to oust them from their posts as they mistakenly feel and believe that what they have come from their superiors.


Malaysia today is unlike Malaysia in its infancy whereby Malaysians irrespective of their race, religion and status are elected to high posts because of merit. Once, we have an Indian Navy Chief among others but today it is no longer the case. Top posts are filled by those who belong to certain race and creed and sadly PBS in their heydays too fall for this narrow and shallow political ploy when only our brothers from one race and faith are appointed and elected to higher posts like the State Secretary but nowadays they can only dream of such accolade.


Once again I would like to say that I prefer UMNO to look after the Malays and let the other parties look after the welfare and well-being of us here Muslims and non Muslims since they know our situation and needs more provided that they are sincere enough. I don't think UMNO is sincere to look after us though we may be Muslims since we come from Sabah.


Again this entry may sound racist but we have many which are racist too without thinking about other sensitivity. Although many of our leaders keep on harping on unity but they seldom meant by what they utter. Supposedly as a Muslim I feel secure and happy with UMNO since I by virtue of my religion as enshrined in the Constitution, is one of them but I never feel and see that way. I am a Dusun Muslim and my heart is and will always be with my sisters and brothers in Sabah.


My last hope is that those leaders will realise their mistakes and return to the people whom they are supposed to appease. For SAPP, continue to struggle for the well-being of Malaysians in Sabah.


P/s: I am inspired by an entry in a blog which says among others that UMNO needs to look after and champion the welfare of the Malays.



Leaders are answerable first and foremost to the people and not their superiors

No comments: