Thursday, August 14, 2008

Lies Vol 1

A blogger's entry caught my attention when he said that his blog which was previously private is now open to the mass. His decision is based on the notion that he'll no longer dirtied his blog with politically or biased views of his since according to the blogger his views or saying may not represent the truth and if it is not the truth than it is wrong and sinful.
While I respect his new found conscience, I strongly beg to differ as we are bestowed with the best gift ever, our mind which is able to analyse and thus choose what is best, better, good, bad, evil, right or wrong. Without dissenting views which I admit is not thoroughly true but it helps in us to make the decision after balancing between various opinions on one particular issue. Besides, are we saying that everything that the government-assented medias are saying as representing the truth particularly the real truth not just media-made truth and whatever the other media including blogs are the opposite and thus deem to be rejected?
As for me I am writing and my entries representing what I think is the 'background' not necessarily immune from mistakes, lies, fabrication, slander and the like. I am writing based on my perception and view after analysing the information accessible to me and not just out of spite and bias against certain parties or groups. If what the mainstream medias are saying representing the truth but why the opposite seems to be the real story? Should we accept everything stated by the mainn stream medias since they represent the government's stand? Is the government correct in all respect thus above criticism? Should we agree and blindly follow when the government decides on something after saying another just before taking such action? A clear instance is the government's decision to hike the oil prices immediately after one minister has vividly said that oil prices will only be increased in August? And how about, the government's stand that foreigners will no longer enjoy the discounted or subsidised petrol but until today they, the foreigners are still enjoying the same prices like the locals? Hence, Irest my case.

"I hate when I see.. To be continued"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kalau aku kena tahan under ISA, ko tanggung aah!!!

Watan Marhaen said...

ISA? ISA SAMAD? HAHA