Monday, June 16, 2008

Untouchables

Today I went to a new class although I was late 20 minutes as I misprinted my timetable and there I was seeing around 60 eyes looking nervously at me and later I discovered that none passed their just concluded exam and the usual question popped up, why and whose blame was it?
Nobody should be blamed for this since it was actually a shared responsibility borne by everyone including and especially those students. Out of the lot less than five were able to read correctly and my heart sort of pounded. Nonetheless, I welcome such challenge since it is my obligation to at least see some of them are able to read properly or at least pass their exam without my 'help'.
When I asked them whether they have a disliking of English none answered in the positive, again I give them the benefit of the doubts as they might want to impress me or they are afraid of sharing the truth but the results speak for themselves and I am prepared to borne the responsibility of teaching these 'untouchables'.
Hopefully, by the end of the academic year, I'll be able to share the joy of them passing their examination. Insya Allah..

1 comment:

MJ Diaries said...
This comment has been removed by the author.