Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year Hopes

New Year, New Year...2008. January 1,2008 marks the opening of a year saddled with predictions as well as uncertainties. How do I feel? For a few years now I don't feel excited or happy with the dawn of a new year. Last night while typing diligently suddenly the electricity was cut off, blackout. A familiar occurrence in a little town called Ranau and nobody seems to care. Three full paragraphs (or was it more?) were gone in a nick of time, 'd tried to save them but how could I when there's no electricity?

Yup , that was my new year's eve experience and for sure the same will be repeated through the year. This year marks the second phase before this nation of ours achieve its Developed status in 2020. How can a nation be a developed nation if such significant amenity like electricity is at par with those in the developing or even worse the third world? Do we have to endure this forever?

On a positive note, I hope that by this year I'll manage to complete my dissertation and with that my Graduate study. Yesterday also saw my new responsibilities which I pray to God that I can deliver better than last year. Another dark spot for last year was my first ever experience holding three exam classes of which two showed a marked declined from 2006. Personally, there's no excuses for that failure which also meant that I'd failed my students.

Well, enough for dark or bleak spots and I pray to Him to bestow me with unlimited energy to do my best in all my undertakings in this challenging year. Insya Allah

Looking forward to January 3.

No comments: