Saturday, January 26, 2008

Thank You Amazon.com!

This is my first entry after awhile. Just come back from K.K after spending the night there. Yesterday my wife told me that my parcel has finally arrived. I've been pestering her to visit the Post Office since last two weeks. Finally the books I bought at Amazon.com are within my grasp. Alas, she told me that she left the books at home for she thought they were heavy! I've to be content with the fact that those books finally arrived,waiting at home.

I bought The Best Defence by Alan M. Dershowitz and Black's Law by Roy Black. Initially, I read my friend's review on Dershowitz's book in his blog, it was appealing to me though it has been years since I read something directly connected to legal matters apart from reading Grisham's masterpieces. I immediately went to Amazon.com to find the books. At first, just checking whether it was available. Meanwhile, Amazon had Black's Law in stock and they were offering them at a bargain - $5.99. I know, the price was in Dollar but still I considered it still within reach and it was hard cover not paperback. How often we'll come across such books at a very low prices? Thus, I made up my mind to purchase both and they'll be delivered immediately and January 18 was the expected date of arrival.

Since then I kept referring to the calender. I was anxious as that was my first time buying something from foreign soil. The wait was finally over today and the books now are on my working table in mint condition. Imagine books coming from a distant place remain creases free! Thanks to Amazon for their excellent handling. Now, I can't wait to start my reading but first I've to finish Bourne Ultimatum first, not long now. I might finish it within a day and then I might start Dershowitz first. Well, wait and see!

Hopefully what my friend said about Dershowitz were true and as for Roy Black's Black's Law, which I discovered from reading a few pages in Amazon more or less similar to Dershowitz. In fact I've heard and came across Black's Law years ago, I thought it was a kind of reference or a dictionary and never did I think it would be a fiction.

I really feel like a kid who has just got his birthday gift!

No comments: