Thursday, January 3, 2008

Sorrow

Today was the first day of school and being the first day also means the very first day of work for teachers. I was supposed to have 4 sessions today but due to orientation and registration for form four students made me 'jobless'. Others have effectively took over my task. The happiness, laugh and may be sadness of those students were the news of the day. Although, personally I haven't seen a student cried but it really makes the teaching profession very unique. In the evening while fetching my mom from her school I saw a little girl wearing a baju kurung. There was nothing special about her except that she wore not a new dress (as i saw it) compared to those surrounding her. Theirs were brand new but this particular girl was different, well she might be very active thus making her clothes looked old.

However that experience touched me deeply. There are lots of unfortunate people around us but we may not realised them simply because they kept their stories to themselves. They prefer to go on with life rather than crying for their misfortunes. That incident solidify my resolve to see that my future children will never feel or experience hardship except it is deliberate for their own good. Let them wear new clothes with new bag and shoes but they should not forget that those are not free and thus taken for granted like us including me sometimes do.

Later, I read my friend's entry in his blog. Reading his once subdued me. The other day, one of my friend told something which for me was very inappropriate of this particular friend of ours. Among others he said that our mutual friend was desperate for attention but knowing his history I sincerely believe that he's trying his best to live life and no longer suffer as he had experienced long ago.

There's a big lump in my throat!

No comments: