Thursday, December 13, 2007

May I Speak?

Few days ago I went to tidy up my cubicle at the school. I was there for couple of hours. going through all the garbage? all over my table. Then after some times, I was finally done. What did I accomplish? Well, at least I managed to tidy up my working space which had been abandoned for quite some time after the holidays. I'd been trying to go to the office but holidays make me very the lazy one.

Actually my primary purpose of writing or typing this entry is to spill my guts on something that many will not dare to touch. It's simple yet detrimental if we aren't careful. Freedom of speech, that's my topic. Why can't we differ in our opinions and views especially in politics? Are we robots which're made to follow and just following? I realise that limitless freedom is dangerous and in fact there's no such thing as freedom per se.

Sometimes well, most of the time I wonder why we aren't allowed to talk to be frank of what we really want to say what's in our mind what do we feel about something. All those things. Some of us are suppose to suppress our feelings particularly when it touch government of the day. We aren't allowed to criticise or talk something out of line about those in power only because we are in tghe government. I remember during the time of the Companions, one dared to hold out his sword to the Ruler just to show that he's willing to do something if the Ruler betrays his obligations. And the ruler himself is a companion of the Prophet, who is personally educated and tutored by the great man himself yet in our time we aren't suppose to do that what more if we do something like the one above - holding out a sword.

As for me while I am not in favour with some of what the government are doing but still I am doing my job properly because I realise that the society is counting on me to deliver my best, and that is what I am trying my best to fulfill. The people is indeed the ones who are paying me through the taxes and as such I'm indebted to them forever. Nonetheless, to give the benefit of the doubts to the higher ups, it is actually their subordinates who have become obsess with 'being in line' all the times and it is them who are the real arbitrators in such matter, they are the ones who are unwilling to open up to offer leeways to others to speak up their mind.

To sum up, we should remember that we are not immune, we are here on earth in this world to learn. Therefore, we should be given leeways speak up and not being a mute!


Freedom is never free!

http://www.wangrakyat.net?reff=caeser76

No comments: