Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Wisdom

This morning, when I switched on my laptop I directly went to the Utusan web,reading the headlines of the day and one interesting headline is on the Paranjothy Saga. Immediately I started to surf the net looking for more materials on the issue. Along the way I also came across other issues as well, major ones like the usage on the word Allah by non Muslims, a very extensive research had been done by the writer.

Looking at the current scenarios of Malaysia causes uneasiness and it is not exaggerating if I say we are in the state of slipping into unimaginable chaos. It seems that everyone is now speaking out loud to say the least about what they perceive as matters of dire consequences. Now, it is our fellow Indians who are in the limelight provoking reactions for all corners and gradually this will spread to others as well especially those who feel that they have suffered enough. Dangerously, instead of calming things down some revert to the same tactics fuelling the matters even fiercer.

As a loyal Malaysian who has nowhere to go I think we be more responsible in all our conducts. Those in power should act with wisdom and do not just blurts what's in their mind. Look around us do we need another May 13? Do we want those horrible things happening in Pakistan or Southern Thai to appear here? I am certain all will say in the negative. We are playing with fire here and I say playing because not all of us are thinking straight, they say or express whatever comes from their narrow mind. They talk from unchecked emotion and of course while many are really voicing out the fact but at the same time there are also who are taking advantage of the scenario by proclaiming themselves as heroes of their causes.

Indeed absolute freedom corrupts absolutely. The Prime Minister openness is being exploited mercilessly by some irresponsible individuals or is it because of the Prime Minister's weaknesses. Whatever the case, my mischievous mind keep coming to Tun Mahathir's style of clamping down with ISA. Hence many dreaded the ISA I think that it is only wise that everyone practise their utmost wisdom before things blown out of proportion. I should emphasis that we do not want another May 13.


Think wisely, act wisely and say wisely

No comments: